Shabby

September 2, 2011

Orly - Androgynie. Let's Get The Holidays Started! ;-)

Today finally feels a bit like summer, I love feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin. Ironically I'm wearing a nail polish from Orly's upcoming holiday collection (Holiday Soiree). A couple of days ago I saw that my sweet blogging friend Miranda already got her hands on two nail polishes from this collection, what a nice surprise! Of course I went on a search and I found them in a Dutch webshop, yay! It was hard to choose, but I ended up buying the one I was most excited about: Androgynie. It looked so spectacular in the bottle I wanted to try it on my nails immediately, summer day or not. 
Androgynie is a black jelly with large multi-coloured hexagons, finer prismatic glitter and really fine gold flecks. A perfect party polish, it's SO pretty! The formula was good, it applied easily and dries fairly quick. It is a bit on the sheer side, so I used three coats (plus top coat). I have to say I was a bit disappointed by the amount of hexagons showing up on the nail, most of them are sticked to the side of the bottle and difficult to get out. I gave the bottle a real good shake, but apparently it wasn't good enough. :/

Thanks for watching!

p.s. the bottle comes with a tiny lace nail file, how cute is that? Useless, but cute. ♥